Do not just dream, go get it and you will never regret! Here to share with you on how to get into plane to Europe with limited budget in your pocket. Hope with the tips given here, you will enjoy your trip and write back to me if you want more tips for other destination in the world.
I choose to visits United Kingdom (UK), Paris and Netherlands and here my checklist with budget you may consider for your next dream destination. The best part is, NO VISA required for Malaysian traveler.
- Check current currency and start top up your international debit card or limit the usage of your credit card.
- Hunt your flight promo – I managed to secure KUL/LHR/KUL with RM2,300 via Emirates Airlines. There are many airlines with great deals that you could check it out thru few website eg. Skyscanner, Traveloka etc. (I normally buy tickets 6-8 months in advance, enough time to save money)
- Create Itinerary and start survey HOTEL PROMOS on many websites. For the first timer like me, I just want to take pictures of the monument and the interesting places of each countries. Check out my list below.
- London Bridge and Tower Bridge
- Hyde Park
- London Eye
- Primark Shop
- Harry Potter Shop at platform 9¾ – stop at King Cross Station
- Eiffel Tower stop at Trocadero Garden via Metro Train (no entrance fee required)
- Café Le Nemours a Parisian café where Angelina Jolie filmed “The Tourist”
- Gallaries Lafayette
- Laduree Champs Elysees – Macaroons prices start with Euro18 (RM84)
- Sight Seeing around Amsterdam
Tips and Budget
For Malaysian traveler, please bring along a copy of your flight booking and hotel bookings. Advisable to bring along your list of itinerary just in case Europe immigration question the purpose of your trip.
Flight ticket KUL/LHR/KUL – RM2,300.00
London Oyster Card – £20 @ RM108 for public transport (most 1 way cost is £3 (RM16.21) and underground train are FREE
Hotel in London – RM500 per night – please choose the one with kitchenette facilities
London to Paris
Here’s few options of train rate and you may choose which one you prefer based on your budget.
Eurostar Underground Train is EUR125 = RM579.98, Local Flight Cost EUR60 = RM282.92
Hotel In Paris – Nu Hotel Gare Du Nord – EUR75 = RM353.65 per night (30 meters from Train station with many choices of Halal Restaurant)
Paris to Netherlands – Eurostar Express EUR60 = RM282.92, normal train with many stops EUR35 = RM165
Hotel In Amsterdam – RM500 per night – please choose the one with kitchenette facilities
Back to London
EUR60 for local flight = RM282.92
Note: cheapest flight sometimes doesn’t have baggage allowances. Advisable to double check any promo deals.
If you are good in organize your money, the trip doesn’t burden at all. Buy tickets and hotel online. Hunt for better deals and do not buy all at once. If you are going in a group, expenses on transportation, hotels and food (if you willing to cook) can be shared.
So, start planning now and enjoy your Europe trip!
Text : Norita Mustapha